Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mourinho Dreams of England Return



Inter coach Jose Mourinho is clearly missing English football as much as many feel it misses him.

The former Chelsea coach is certainly not lacking success as boss of the Italian champions who currently lead Serie A, but he believes English football is more conducive to development.

"Clearly it is unrealistic to expect to stay at a club as long as Sir Alex Ferguson - but I am ready for the next phase of my career. I want to work with a different perspective,” he said, according to the Guardian.

"I want to build something."

The always outspoken coach went on to say he did not consider his former club Chelsea to be one that epitomises what he expects from an English club.

He added, "At Porto my objective was to win to earn the right to go abroad. At Chelsea my ambition was to create a bit of history.

"But I always knew Chelsea lacked the normal English culture of stability.

"I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of [owner] Roman Abramovich and the culture of the people around him. I knew it was not a job for 10 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment