Saturday, December 19, 2009

Arsene Wenger: Move to Manchester City Not Unlikely


Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has stirred the speculation pot by declaring that a move to Manchester City in the not-too-distant future could always be on the cards for him.

With Mark Hughes' position in danger, it seems Wenger has turned into the new frontrunner to take over City, with Guus Hiddink now relegated to the backup choice.

Wenger, whose contract at Arsenal expires at the end next season, has stated that whilst he will honour his commitment to the Gunners, there is no telling where he could end up afterwards.

Telling the press: "I live every day thinking I will stay my whole life where I am, but somewhere I know it can end."

"It's funny because the older you get the more you're conscious of that."

But when pressed on the matter at hand, Wenger went coy, stating that if it were his time to move on from Emirates Stadium, then so be it.

"If Arsenal say to me, ‘You’ve got to go,’ I will say I’d still like to work in football, of course," he said.

Wenger's men will look to exact revenge against Phil Brown's Hull City on Saturday night, after the Tigers' 2-1 win over the Gunners last year, .

No comments:

Post a Comment